$1200 (Ex GST)
2 Exam vouchers
The ITIL Practitioner course offers practical guidance for professionals on how to adopt and adapt ITIL® for their organisation. This course is the next step for individuals who have earned ITIL Certification, specifically those who have attended any intermediate modules, and are familiar with the ‘what’ and ‘why’ of ITIL. ITIL Practitioner will focus on the ‘how’.
This immersive case study driven course is developed by practitioners for practitioners! During the 2-day course, individuals, teams, and organisations will learn to address the challenges faced by them due to IT Service Management (ITSM) improvement initiatives.
The course is packed with interactive assignments, tools, checklists, and guidance on how to make the improvement changes happen. You will learn to describe, explain, and distinguish among the various elements of being an ITIL Practitioner. Moreover, it helps you in practice solving, calculating, and applying the knowledge and techniques to a realistic scenario. The course also includes a toolkit and continuous learning track to give you an ongoing support throughout your improvement journey.
ITIL Practitioner does not replace any of the existing ITIL qualifications but is designed as a bridge between the Foundation and Intermediate courses.
This course also includes the ITIL Practitioner Guidance, the essential reference text which accompanies the ITIL Practitioner qualification. Fully integrated with the ITIL Practitioner syllabus, this publication is also a practical guide that helps IT service management (ITSM) professionals turn ITIL theory into practice through case studies, worksheets, templates and scenarios.
This course pricing includes TWO vouchers to sit the ITIL Practitioner Exam at your own convenience. It is an open book exam (unmarked copy of ITIL Practitioner Guidance only) of 2 hours and 15 minutes (15 minutes extra time for non-native English speakers). It is comprised of 40 multiple choice questions based on a scenario and requires a score of 70% to pass. A practice exam paper will be provided to assist with preparation. Instructions on how to book a web proctored exam can be found in the links section on the right side of this page.
Successful candidates will be awarded 3 credits towards the ITIL Expert certification.
It is highly recommended that you spend some time each evening of this course reviewing and consolidating what you’ve learned, to be well prepared for the exam.
Find out more about ITIL Practitioner with this short video from AXELOS.
> Guiding Principles
> CSI Approach
> Metrics and Measurement
> Organisational Change Management
> Exam Preparation Guide
Individuals who achieve certification at this level will have demonstrated the following skills and abilities:
- Understand the ITSM concepts that are important drivers of Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
- Able to apply the ITSM guidance principles in a real-world context
- Able to apply the CSI approach to manage improvements in a given organisational context
- Connect and align ITIL with other frameworks, good practices, and methodologies, such as Lean, DevOps, Agile, and SIAM
- Able to use metrics and measurements to enable continual improvement
- Understand how to communicate effectively to enable CSI
- Able to apply organisational change management to support continual improvement
The benefits of taking this course can be summarised in the following components:
- Leverage your existing ITIL expertise: Improve your ability to adopt and adapt the ITIL Framework within your current role
- Address business challenges: Better equipped ITSM teams to meet and overcome the complex business challenges you face in your professional life
- Commit to making a difference: Show you are willing and capable to strive for continuous improvement
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Course Learning Objectives
- Course Agenda
- Scenario-based Learning
- CSI Approach
- Guiding Principles
- Course Structure
- Get to Know Each Other
- Definition of a service worksheet
- Relationships in the Case Study
Module 2 Guiding Principles
- Exercise 3 – Review and Understand the Guiding Principles
Module 3 CSI Approach
- Building the CSI Approach diagram
Module 4 Metrics and Measurement
- Metrics and Measurement Examples
- Metrics and Measurement Case Study
Module 5 Communication
- Stakeholder communication plan and business case
Module 6 Organisational Change Management
- Organisational Change Management
- OCM Tools
Module 7 CSI Approach
- Application of the CSI Approach
Module 8 Exam review and revision
This course is of interest to all IT Service Management professionals. Whether working in customer service or involved in running projects, everyone should be able to identify, initiate, and successfully complete service improvement initiatives either small or large:
- IT Management
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
ITIL Practitioner benefits:
- Those who are currently ITIL Foundation certified
- Existing ITIL Intermediate users and ITIL Experts
- Individuals who are dedicated to continual professional development
We can also deliver and customise this training course for larger groups – saving your organisation time, money and resources.
- Students must be familiar with the principles of ITSM and the organisation-wide common language of ITIL
- To take the ITIL Practitioner exam, individuals must hold an existing ITIL Foundation certificate (ITIL v3, 2011 Foundation or ITIL v2 Foundation with v2/v3 Foundation bridge)
- ITIL Practitioner is not a prerequisite for the ITIL Intermediate Level qualifications
- ITIL Practitioner is worth three credits towards the ITIL Expert qualification
- ITIL Practitioner is also worth 15 points towards your ITIL digital badge as part of the ITIL Membership programme
- The examination is open book and made up of multiple choice questions based on a scenario
Project Management Institute (PMI)®
- Contact Hours: 14 hours
- Professional Development Units (PDUs): 14 PDUs
Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM)
- Continual Professional Development (CPD) points: 10 points
The supply of this course by ACG is governed by the booking terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before enrolling in this course, as enrollment in the course is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
See what our clients have said about us