ITIL® Intermediate SS Classroom/Live streamed course 4 Day course
4 Day Course
4 Day course
This virtual classroom based course leads to the qualification Service Strategy(SS) “ITIL® Intermediate Certificate in IT Service Management”.
This intermediate course looks at the IT department from an organisational perspective to truly understand how IT can help the business achieve their strategic objectives. It focuses on understanding how to design IT services not only as an organisational capability but also as a strategic asset. The course covers the management of service strategy and core information of supporting activities within the Service Strategy stage. A copy of the official ITIL Service Strategy 2011 Lifecycle Publication is also included as part of the training package.
This course leads to the ITIL® Certificate – Service Strategy. This is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
This course is suitable for individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL Service Strategy phase of the ITIL core Lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation
It is particularly suitable for: CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service test managers and ITSM trainers.
The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Strategy stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes.
Topics covered during course
Introduction to service strategy
- Full understanding of service strategy terms and core concepts.
- The purpose, goals, scope and objectives of service strategy
- The value to the business
- The context of service strategy in relation to all other lifecycle stages.
Service strategy principles
- The ability to decide on a service strategy
- How to define services, create value and leverage the combined use of utility and warranty
- How to use service economics and sourcing strategies when meeting business outcomes.
Service strategy processes
- The management level concepts for the five service strategy processes and how they flow and integrate with the lifecycle
- The purpose, scope and objectives of each service strategy process and how they link to value for the business.
- The ability to analyse IT governance and use it to set strategy by leveraging governance framework and bodies.
Organizing for service strategy
- The ability to create an organizational design using the relevant development and departmental methods.
- Understand the relevance and opportunities for service automation and the importance and application of technology interfaces across the lifecycle.
Implementing service strategy
- Develop implementation strategies that follow a lifecycle approach (e.g. design, transition, operation and improvement, programmes).
Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- The ability to provide insight and guidance for strategic challenges, risks and critical success factors.
A pass in the ITIL® V3 or ITIL® 2011 Foundation exam or the ITIL V2-V3 Bridging exam from either EXIN, ISEB/BCS or APMG. Proof will need to be provided before attending the course.
Candidates should have exposure to basic concepts in IT and related work experience of at least two years.
This course is run in our Adelaide office, but broadcast live on Google+ Facebook Live and our own live streaming platform.
All students get full access to the course, the trainer during and after the course, as well as the elearning site for 12 months.
Industry Association Recognition
Project Management Institute (PMI)®
- Contact Hours: 28 hours
- Professional Development Units (PDUs): 28 PDUs
Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM)
- Continual Professional Development (CPD) points: 10 points
The Service Strategy exam is challenging and consists of a complex multiple-choice, closed book paper of 8 questions, to be answered within 90 minutes. The pass mark is 70% or more. Two practice exam papers will be provided to assist with preparation. Successful candidates will be awarded 3 credits towards the ITIL Expert certification.
It is highly recommended that you spend time before this course begins and each evening of this course reviewing and consolidating what you’ve learned, to be well prepared for the exam.
Participants receive a copy of the classroom presentation material in the Participant Handbook (eBook or printed).
For elearning/online live streamed:
- Internet is required only for downloading the eBook. The eBooks can be read offline.
- Available on: Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, SmartPhone, eReader.